Monday, January 13, 2014

Sending Love....

 In a cute altered Target metal mailbox.  You can find tutorial posts of altered mailboxes all over but my favorite tutorial comes from Emily Giovanni (here).
 The first thing I did was paint a wood candle stick from Hobby Lobby with Gunmetal (metallic paint from Martha Stewart) it took two coats and then covered it with three coats of Wedding Cake.  Using a small piece of sandpaper I distressed the whole stick.  Using my Silhouette I cut out two vines and some paper flowers and adhered them to the base.
 My mailbox was all white the flag too.  I used BoBunny paper "Love Bandit" (This paper is from 2009) I also some SEI paper Juliette.    One side I chose just go to with hearts and the other side is a banner of Love.
I think that I am going to fill it with wrapped Hershey Nuggets.  Hopefully the person who receives it will be thankful, likes pink (there is a lot of it) and is not allergic to chocolate.




  The pictures do not do the colors justice (taken with my iPhone) the flower on the stem is not at red as it appears.    I absolutely adore this project.  Took me three days to complete but I am in love with it.

Til Next Time,
~Mia

Partying at:
Craft-O-Maniac
C.R.A.F.T.
Keeping It Simple Crafts
My Craftily Ever After
Sew Can Do
Skip To My Lou
Clean and Scentsible
Someday Crafts
Funky Polkadot Giraffe
Thirty Handmade Days
I Heart Naptime
Be Different Act Normal

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this mailbox! I really like what you did to the wooden candle stick How clever! I'm pinning this to my Valentine's Day board.

Navy Wifey Peters @ Submarine Sunday Link Party

Post a Comment