Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Ombre Paint Chip Hearts Specimen Art

Do you feel as guilty as I do when I take a stack of paint chips from Home Depot or Lowes?  I took a couple of handfuls of Behr paint chip strips in varying shades of pinks and whites.  I cut out hearts using my Silhouette.  I was able to cut out two hearts on each color strip giving me 6 hearts per paint chip.
Originally I thought I would make an ombre shaped heart but for me it was not meant to be.  Maybe it was the size of the heart or the size of my little hearts either way it did not happen.  I had an 8.5x11 red frame from Ikea's as-in bin waiting to be used so I decided to make a heart specimen art.  I cut out a piece of scrapbook paper from Recollections Valentine paper pack and cut it down to size. 
It is not too fancy but will make a great additional to anyones Valentine's Day decor (as long as their decor is pink/red).

Til Next Time
~Mia

Partying over at:
Thirty Handmade Days
Someday Crafts

0 comments:

Post a Comment