Friday, January 10, 2014

Be'e' Mine

 Today is the 10th of January and if I am going to get all of these Valentine themed crafts finished in time I have a lot of work ahead of me.  Here is today's craft.
I started off with a 6x12 birch craft board.  Painted it with two coats of Poodle Skirt (Martha Stewart Craft Paint) and then a coat of Camellia Pink and lightly sanded the whole board.  The bee is from Miss Kate Cuttables here.  She offers daily freebies and that is how I got this little cutie.  I cut her out using my Silhouette.  Miss Kate's files also include jpg and png so if you have a steady hand you can cut them out with scissors and an exacto knife.
I have such a hard time deciding what font(s) to use on a project.  I went through 6 different styles cut them out on Silhouette brand chipboard laid them out next to my bee and eventually went with two different fonts. 
I thought at first I was going to cover the chipboard with scrap paper but I painted it instead using 1 coast of Pond (Martha Stewart paint) and then I went over it with a coat of Blueberry Slush (this is a glitter paint from Martha Stewart).  Little bits of life always need some sparkle right?  After the paint was dry I glued all of my project pieces to the board.  I am still debating on drilling some holes in the corners and using jewelry wire to make it hang.  I know Be'e' Mine is a bit corny hopefully it will appeal to my friends and family.


Til Next Time
~Mia



0 comments:

Post a Comment